I went back in time last weekend. I grew up seeing my Mom cooking and one of my favorite recipes was this FANTASTIC Italian Stromboli. Since it was my Dad's Birthday, we decided to make this special treat. And I made sure to document every step of the process, so I could share the recipe with you guys.
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup of warn water
- 1/2 cup of warn milk
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbs of sugar
- 2 packages of yeast
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 to 5 cups flour
- 1/2 lb sliced mozzarella
- 1/2 lb sliced ham
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup black kalamata olives (pitted)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Italian spices
2. Slowly mix in 5 tbs of flour
3. Let mixture rest for 35 - 40 minutes until it has risen about 1"
4. Slowly mix in the remaining flour, until it has a bread dough consistency.
5. Place in a dry location. Cover with a towel and let rest for 40 minutes.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 380 degrees. Slice the tomatoes and marinate them with olive oil and Italian spices.
8. Add ham, mozzarella,tomatoes and olives.
9. Carefully roll it and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
10. Beat egg yolk and olive oil together and spread on the top of the dough.
Thanks for reading.