I hope you guys had a good weekend. Mine was full of sun and fun, with family and friends. We ran on the beach, built some sand castles, played in the waves, ate lots of food and even made some smores over a fire pit. It was a great weekend get away!
The Hamptons is a great little town out on the end of Long Island, about 100 miles from Manhattan. It is really famous for all of the celebrity's and wealthy families who have vacation homes here. It is a nice escape from constant activity of downtown New York and it is a great spot for a family vacation. It is a small town with a big name. I have been there a couple of times already and every time I am there I fall in love with the town all over again.
We do have some favorites spots that I am going to share with you. Of course since I have a young child, these include a playground :-)
- For breakfast and coffee - The Hampton Coffee Company - They have the best muffins and bagel sandwiches. We love it there. It was our first stop of the day.
- For lunch time - The Job's Lane Deli - They have great chicken and shrimp salad sandwiches. Be prepared, if you order the shrimp salad sandwich on a sub-roll it will be about 6 pounds and a full foot in length!
- Dinner - We ate most nights at home because of the kids. They love to play in the pool after returning from the beach. One of the nights we threw some burgers and hot dogs on the grill and another night we ordered some take out from La Parmigiana, and the food was fantastic. The lasagna and pizza are a 10. We had eaten out at a couple of restaurants during a previous visit, but some of them are closed now. That is the sad part about small towns, some restaurants and shops will survive and some of them don't end up making it.
- Beaches -
- Cooper's Beach - A great spot! They have a pavilion where they sell food and ice-cream and they also have bathrooms available.
- The Cut - Great for the kids! - One side is the bay, which is more calm and doesn't have any waves and the other side is the ocean - so the kids can have fun in both places. Be forewarned, you will need a parking permit at this location.
- Downtown Southampton - A great area with lots of trendy shops and restaurants. It is a great area to walk around and spend some money. I did :-)
- Agawam Park Playground - This is a great playground, right in the downtown area. You can park your car and walk to the Job's Lane Deli, grab a sandwiches and eat it in the park, since there are a bunch of picnic tables and lots of trees right near the playground.
Here are some of the best Instagram moments from the weekend.
Happy Monday and thanks for reading.